Featured on Investopedia, Yahoo! Finance, Business Insider, Nasdaq.com, and other top sites, Christian’s articles cover everything from forex and stock investing to personal finance and financial sector trends. In addition to his 5-plus years of experience writing for the financial services industry, Christian also has 7 years experience working in Austin’s commercial banking industry. He holds a B.B.A. in Finance from St. Edward’s University in Austin.
World First USA, Inc.
Content Contributor (December 2016 – Present)
Financial Writer (June 2016 – December 2016)
– Craft white papers, articles, blog posts, advertorials, collateral, and social media content to support the marketing team and grow the young World First brand in the US.
– Research, analyze, and report on the foreign exchange markets daily to show clients currency trends and protection strategies.
Dun and Bradstreet
Company Editor (Financial Sector Specialist)
December 2014 – June 2016 (1 year 7 months)
– Wrote easy-read business research reports (covering six companies per day) designed to help prospecting sales and marketing professionals close B2B deals with banks and financial firms.
– Contributed bi-weekly to D&B’s Bizmology blog and B2B vertical e-newsletters for enterprise clients, writing on the latest financial sector and banking trends.
– Represented the editorial department as part of D&B’s official Solution’s Engineering Team, a top-level group of UX designers, coders, and engineers that design bleeding-edge company products.
– Twice Awarded “Best Writer of the Month” in 2015 for articles featured on the Bizmology website, out a team of 25 highly-experienced editors.
– Wrote two of the top 10 most popular Bizmology articles of all time using reader-targeted topic selection, headline prowess, and effective SEO keyword practices.
– Introduced soft-sell pitches in Bizmology articles to add new revenue stream to editorial department.
– Researched and prepared competitive intelligence reports on the $100-million Hoover’s database product for management.
Managing Editor / Senior Financial Writer (and lead E-zine Copywriter)
May 2011 – December 2014 (3 years 8 months)
Managing Editor/Senior Financial Writer (April 2013 – December 2014)
Staffed Financial Writer/Investment Analyst (May 2011 – March 2013)
Acted as managing editor, senior financial writer, and lead copywriter for three daily StreetAuthority.com e-zines (investor-focused marketing pieces designed to convert readers into paid subscribers) with a subscriber base of two million readers. Groomed a team of four staffed financial writers and research interns. Wrote for twice-weekly paid newsletter using top investment research.
– Represented the editorial team, reporting sales and editorial strategy to marketing and management on a weekly basis.
– Interviewed, hired, and trained new writers to hone strengths and guide them toward producing high-quality online content.
– Crafted and optimized content, advertising copy, and headlines to boost email open rates, conversion rates, web traffic, and subscription revenue.
– Analyzed and reported newsletter sales, send, and click-through data to management to boost subscriber retention and maximize revenue per issue sent.
– Wrote and edited investor-focused content for twice-weekly paid e-newsletter using thoughtful and relevant investment research.
– Part of a team of three that generated $200,000 in premium subscription revenue in one year through e-zine publications with persuasive content and effective soft selling.
– Played key role in boosting monthly subscription sales by 327% in a year’s time by improving headlines, content quality, and soft-sell pitches.
– Wrote over 100 financial articles, including 25 that received over 10,000 page views each. Work has been featured on MSN Money, Yahoo! Finance, Business Insider, Nasdaq.com, and many other popular financial websites.
Horizon Bank, SSB
June 2010 – May 2011 (1 year)
– Managed teller line in supervisor’s absence
– Chosen by supervisor to train four inexperienced new hires into high-performing tellers – Developed and maintained an efficient confidential document retention system – Professionally handled customer deposits and withdrawals averaging over $50,000 in cash daily
– Diplomatically resolved customer account inquiries daily
– Success depended on high accuracy to keep a balanced teller drawer and cash vault
First National Bank of Edinburg
New Accounts Representative/Teller
May 2004 – June 2010 (6 years 2 months)
New Accounts Representative (October 2009 – June 2010)
– Retained over $500,000 in deposit accounts over a one-year period by negotiating with customers and management and matching products that better fit customer needs.
– Provided the first line of customer support and developed strong banking relationships with diverse clientele
– Communicated daily with banking departments and HQ to resolve customer inquiries and perform daily operations
– Opened business and personal accounts and cross sold various banking products and services
Teller (May 2004 – September 2009)
– Chosen by supervisor to assist in training new tellers from four Texas branches
– Successfully balanced $15,000 teller drawer without cash errors from 2007 – 2009
– Recognized for enthusiastic and thorough customer service that led to a promotion
– Assessed individual needs and collaborated with management/lobby staff to deliver effective customer service.
– Ensured documents, checks and forms were filled accurately according to procedure
St. Edward’s University BBA, Finance, 2005 – 2009
Grade: Graduated Magna Cum Laude GPA: 3.63
Copywriting, writing, journalism, investing, editorial, business, personal finance, financial planning, my wife and family, karaoke, environmental sustainability, precious time, and fishing.