Featured on Investopedia, Yahoo! Finance, Business Insider, Nasdaq.com, LearnVest and other top sites, Christian’s articles cover everything from forex and stock investing to personal finance and financial sector trends.
In addition to his 7-plus years of experience writing for the financial services and fintech sectors, Christian also has 7 years experience working in Austin’s commercial banking industry. He holds a Bachelor’s of Business Administration (BBA) in Finance from St. Edward’s University in Austin.
Key Skills: Writing and Editing | Copywriting | Content Marketing | B2C | Market Research |Brand Building | Campaigns | Fintech | Editing | Investment Analysis | Lead Generation | Team Building
Software Proficiency: Microsoft Office | Excel | Word | PowerPoint | Outlook | HTML | WordPress | Drupal
Financial Writer and Copywriter (May 2017 – Present)
Investing Answers Inc.
– Manage and edit all content for a $1 million investing education website with one million readers from 180 countries.
– Write content marketing articles designed to educate readers on investing and personal finance and ultimately convert them into excited financial product consumers.
• Wrote and edited 120-plus investing and personal finance articles equipped with new affiliate ad strategy that increased article revenue by 100%.
• Saved the company $26,000 in 90 days by selecting, editing, and re-purposing 100 existing website articles to match updated affiliate content marketing strategy instead of outsourcing for new content.
• Problem Solving: Developed centralized content sharing system that saved $10,000 in annual editing correspondence costs and pushed website’s relaunch event ahead by four months.
• SEO Savvy: Co-developed new target-audience persona and SEO strategy, which resulted in 30% boost in traffic to key financial dictionary pages along with an 80% spike in affiliate and Google ad conversions.
Copywriter, contracted(January 2017 – December 2017)
Financial Writer, staffed (June 2016 – December 2016)
World First USA, Inc.
– Wrote lead-generating articles, webinars, white papers, and sales collateral to drive marketing campaigns for corporate, e-commerce, and high-net worth clientele.
– Provided daily reporting and analysis of foreign exchange markets to an email list of 40,000 to help clients protect profits from currency risk.
– Edited five to 10 partner articles per month from top e-commerce service providers (including Feedvisor, Refunds Manager, Seller Engine, Meridian, Shapiro, and InterCultural Elements) for publish in our global e-commerce magazine, always ensuring quality and brand voice consistency.
• Wrote more than 140 in-brand articles that harnessed multi-department collaboration and/or deep market research, averaging eight articles per week.
• Crafted 17 of the top 20 highest-traffic corporate blog articles that resulted in a shared total of 115,600 Facebook impressions and 268,000 LinkedIn impressions.
Company Editor (financial sector specialist)
Dun & Bradstreet (December 2014 – June 2016)
– As the financial sector specialist, wrote easy-read business research reports (covering six companies per day) designed to help prospecting sales and marketing professionals close B2B deals with banks and financial firms.
– Contributed bi-weekly to D&B’s Bizmology blog and B2B vertical e-newsletters for enterprise clients, writing on the latest financial sector and banking trends.
– Represented the editorial department as part of D&B’s official Solution’s Engineering Team, a top-level group of UX designers, coders, and engineers that design bleeding-edge company products.
• Played key role in helping department save $1 million in development costs for a new content management system by networking internally to discover an existing and fully-compatible CMS alternative.
• Helped retain a $2 million-account by working for six months with a small team to create a new, custom business research content service for IBM, and other large clients.
• Pioneered a new lead-gen strategy for the editorial department by introducing content marketing articles to the corporate blog.
• Researched and prepared competitive intelligence reports on the $100-million Hoover’s database product for management.
• Twice awarded “Best Writer of the Month” out of a team of 25 highly-experienced editors.
• Wrote two of the top 10 most popular Bizmology articles of all time using reader-targeted topic selection, headline prowess, and effective SEO keyword practices.
Managing Editor / Financial Writer / Copywriter
StreetAuthority LLC (May 2011 – December 2014)
Acted as managing editor and head copywriter for three daily investing e-newsletters with two million readers. Analyzed and reported newsletter sales, send, and click-through data to management weekly. Recommended ways to boost subscriber retention and maximize revenue per issue sent.
• Wrote and edited daily content marketing pieces as part of a three-person writing team that converted 200 readers per month and generated $400,000 in annual subscription revenue.
• Crafted long-form investment promo copy in 20 hours, which went on to generate $35,000 over the next six months (1H 2015).
• Hired and trained seven staffed copywriters, financial writers and stock market research interns.
• Crafted and optimized content, advertising copy, and headlines to boost conversion rates, web traffic, and subscription revenue. Boosted average email open rates from 7% to 15%-plus in 2014.
• Wrote over 100 financial articles, including 25 that received over 10,000 page views each. Work has been featured on MSN Money, Yahoo! Finance, Business Insider, Nasdaq.com, and many other popular financial websites.
Horizon Bank, SSB
June 2010 – May 2011 (1 year)
– Managed teller line in supervisor’s absence
– Chosen by supervisor to train four inexperienced new hires into high-performing tellers – Developed and maintained an efficient confidential document retention system – Professionally handled customer deposits and withdrawals averaging over $50,000 in cash daily
– Diplomatically resolved customer account inquiries daily
– Success depended on high accuracy to keep a balanced teller drawer and cash vault
First National Bank of Edinburg
New Accounts Representative/Teller
May 2004 – June 2010 (6 years 2 months)
New Accounts Representative (October 2009 – June 2010)
– Retained over $500,000 in deposit accounts over a one-year period by negotiating with customers and management and matching products that better fit customer needs.
– Provided the first line of customer support and developed strong banking relationships with diverse clientele
– Communicated daily with banking departments and HQ to resolve customer inquiries and perform daily operations
– Opened business and personal accounts and cross sold various banking products and services
Teller (May 2004 – September 2009)
– Chosen by supervisor to assist in training new tellers from four Texas branches
– Successfully balanced $15,000 teller drawer without cash errors from 2007 – 2009
– Recognized for enthusiastic and thorough customer service that led to a promotion
– Assessed individual needs and collaborated with management/lobby staff to deliver effective customer service.
– Ensured documents, checks and forms were filled accurately according to procedure
St. Edward’s University BBA, Finance, 2005 – 2009
Grade: Graduated Magna Cum Laude GPA: 3.63
Copywriting, writing, journalism, investing, editorial, business, personal finance, financial planning, my wife and family, karaoke, environmental sustainability, precious time, and fishing.